As an Express Car Wash Manager, you will learn every job description in our company. When you have mastered each job description you will begin work as a manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts. As a team lead, you will direct associates, delegate tasks and assist our team while ensuring that all speed, service and quality guidelines are achieved. Your leadership abilities will inspire our team to provide the VIP experience our guests expect.
You will be responsible for acting in accordance of our Success Book in your daily actions, which encourages our guests to become regulars. Best of all you will work with a team of associates that is dedicated to helping each other be the best they can be every day, both for our guests and our team.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are limited to the following:
- Treat guests and fellow associates with honesty, integrity and commitment to our Guiding Principles.
- Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep the location operating to its standard and to set a positive example to team members.
- Anticipate guest and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and guests for visual cues.
- Assist and coaches associates by positively reinforcing our Guiding Principles.
- Contribute to a positive team environment by committing to our Associate Promise.
- Deliver VIP Service to all guests by being engaged with our guest's needs and desires.
- Assist in new associate training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Create a positive learning environment by providing clear, specific, timely and respectful feedback to associates on shift to ensure operational excellence and to improve associate performance.
- Provide feedback to General Manager on associate performance during shifts.
- Develop positive relationships with shift team while understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns.
- Execute store operations during scheduled shifts. Organizes opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Follow Express Car Washâ€™s operational guidelines, including those of money handling and security, to ensure the safety of all associates during each shift.
- Follow all cash register guidelines and ensures proper cash management followed by all associates during shift.
- Follow up with Production Loaders, Service Advisors, Finishers and Detailers to ensure that Quality, Speed and Guest Service models are being followed.
- Recognize and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and by collaborating with store manager to find new, creative and effective methods of recognition.
- Use operational tools during shift to achieve operational excellence.
- Follow Express Car Wash guidelines and standards, including quality of service, guest focus and speed of service.
- Maintain a clean and organized workplace for our guests and team members satisfaction.
- Follow Safety guidelines to promote a safe workplace for guests and team members.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Work with a sense of urgency that demonstrates the value we place on our guests time.
- Adherence to our uniform and grooming standards.
- Follow cash management and POS system guidelines.
- Housekeeping duties such as sweeping, moping, cleaning bathrooms, emptying trash, refilling supplies is expected throughout the day.
Summary of Experience
Minimum 2 years of supervisory or management experience in a retail, fast-food/restaurant, hospitality or automotive environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to direct work of others.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of retail environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Desire to treat guests like a VIP.
- Working outdoors in all seasons and types of weather.
- Constant standing, walking and bending.
- Constant use of handheld ordering tablet and printer.
- Frequent and continual flexing of spine, hands, wrists and fingers.
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying of 50 lbs.
- Constantly receiving detailed information through oral communication.
- Clarity of vision and hearing.
We want YOU to join our Team!